St. Teresa of Avila Catholic Church founded in 1865, serves as a social service resource for the community. The original architectural design of the sanctuary is preserved. Pastor Rev. Robert Zinser is proud to be a part of this historic parish, named for the Spanish Saint Teresa of Avila (1515-1582), whose literary works are cited by the National Library of Congress. The church has an adjacent school, St. Nicholas School, which serves the local community. Visitors attend mass and community events, and are drawn by the general history of the building.